Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Smart, but definetly Final

With spring break commencing, friends and family gather for the occasional afternoon picnic. The usual items are provided, a mixture of fruits, sandwiches, and the oh-s0-lovely potato salad. Nothing sings American outdoor eating like the eloquent side dish containing often somewhat questionable ingredients. If you are asking if this happen to come from a dear friend or relative of mine you are sadly mistaken. This treat was fully prepared by Chef's Choice from Smart and Final.

Although a simple dish like this should not be hard to ruin, the assault on my bowels would prove otherwise. Yes, it was the only dish I had. Seeing as it was a childhood favorite, I had no problem placing a large amount on my plate. My palate was attacked from the large sections of egg and an overload of mayonnaise with a second assault of sour dill pickle. By far was this the worst potato salad I have ever encountered. Not only will I never buy that brand again, I will never approach a Smart and Final again without remembering the awful events that transpired that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment